There's a facebook group for 'sonnets from the singlish' now! watch for exclusive information on the origin of the collection, detailed notes on the individual poems (that may be useful to teachers/students alike...) and perhaps some new poetry!
Also check out the other exciting book discussion groups from the BooksActually people...
- Alvin Pang's "What Gives Us Our Names"
- Pooja Nansi's "Love is an Empty Barstool"
- Cyril Wong's "Tilting our Plates to Catch the Light"
- Tania de Rosario's "Tender Delirium"
- Christine Chia's "The Law of Second Marriages"
- the Verena Tay-edited anthology, "Balik Kampung"
a singaporean poet with an unhealthy addiction to metrical forms.
you can buy any of my titles at:
- booksactually (9 yong siak st)
- online here (they deliver internationally). the buylinks are below:
all content copyright of joshua ip 2012