since i only seem to be productive in writing poems when i do this, here we go again.
1 poem a day (and 500 words of prose as a throw-in!) from 1 jul to 31 jul 2013.
let's finish this damn collection!
i have written 3 short stories in the last month or so:
- 1 submission for balik kampung 2, edited by verena tay - a collection about local-ness. i wrote about an antisocial person who just wants to read his dan brown novel in peace.
- 1 submission for from the belly of the cat, edited by my lovely sister steph ye - a collection about LOLCATZ (or maybe just cats). i wrote about a robot destroying singapore.
- 1 submission for golden point awards (prose) - the competition which got me back into writing poetry. i wrote about a man who turned into a photocopier.
the initial sense i get from feedback is that after reading one, people think - omg that's rubbish. after reading two, they think - ugh, just as bad as the last one. after three, the conclusion is - well, maybe he just writes like that and that's kind of his schtick. hopefully this is equivalent to "developing a style". a bad style... is also style!!! (i think.)
a singaporean poet with an unhealthy addiction to metrical forms.
you can buy any of my titles at:
- booksactually (9 yong siak st)
- online here (they deliver internationally). the buylinks are below:
all content copyright of joshua ip 2012