So basically there is so much cool shit going on with Sing Lit Station that I don't know where to start:
- our inaugural Manuscript Bootcamp open call ends 15 Sep - send in your work into the jaws of hell and hope that it isn't chewed up and spat out! We're looking for 3-4 really promising novels, short story collections or creative non-fiction - the full criteria is on the site.
- Sing Po On The Sidewalks (SPOTS): we want to put invisible poetry on Singapore sidewalks, because being uniquely Singaporean, we copy Mass Poetry from Massachusetts (ba dum tssss). vote for your favorite pieces here, and an indiegogo fundraiser will be up soon! our first SPOTS will be coming to the civic district at the end of this year, but contact us if you're an institution and would like to host a piece of invisible poetry on your open-air spaces!
- Ten Year Series is launching the remaining 4 books from last year's Manuscript Bootcamp - the first two, Tse Hao Guang's Deeds of Light and David Wong's For The End Comes Reaching have already hit the ground running with rave reviews. The next four are:
- Amanda Chong's Professions
- Daryl Lim's A Book Of Changes
- Samuel Lee's A Field Guide to the Supermarkets of Singapore
- Jennifer Anne Champion's Caterwaul
like the Planeteers, all of them are DIFFERENT and UNIQUE and DIVERSE and WTF but only when you combine all of them together do you get CAPTAIN PLANET so buy buy buy all when they launch at SWF this year!
- also launching at or before SWF - the long-awaited SingPoWriMo 2016: The Anthology! you want to know what else is long-awaited? A Luxury We Must Afford, also launching at or about then, and Unfree Verse from Ethos Books, which will launch early next year! launchlaunchlaunchlaunch NUCULAR
- other cool things we're brewing - a publication for the BuySingLit campaign next year; another run of SingPoOnTheMRT in Feb/Mar; a potential LITERARY ESCAPE GAME with a large national heritage institution combined with an inscrutably puzzling poetic chestnut... the list goes on for the mad, mad minions of Sing Lit Station, #nevernotworking to drive the Singapore literary scene into a tizzy!
- (separate from SLS, i'm also (1) making my first forays into translation. more on that soon. (2) have secured time to attend the Asia Pacific Writers and Translators Festival in Guangzhou - i pangsehed the Manila edition last year but i'm looking forward to coming back this year yayayay. *collapses in a pile of releasing hot air*)
a singaporean poet with an unhealthy addiction to forms.
all content copyright of joshua ip 2012